Have you heard of the term “rainbow baby”? A rainbow baby is a little newborn who is welcomed to a family after a miscarriage, stillbirth or prior premature birth. The term “rainbow baby” is given to these special babies because a rainbow typically follows a storm, giving hope of what’s to come. It doesn’t negate that the storm was never there, it doesn’t mean that the loss has never happened but it’s a celebration of something beautiful after enduring a period of darkness.
Recently, I met a mommy-to-be who told me about her heartbreaking story and the difficulties a loss of a child brings with it – the emptiness, the darkness, and the silence…
If you had a rainbow baby, I’d love to hear your story.
Here are some requirements in order to receive 3 rainbow pictures added to your newborn session:
- Please contact me through my webpage page, any other submissions through different platforms will not be considered.
- You need to be willing to sign a contract and model release. I’d love to hear your story and part of your story may be shared on my blog.
- Sibling rainbow shots will not be offered during the shoot. This is solely for the rainbow baby and parents.
- The rainbow styled pictures are at my only personal styling discretion.
- You will receive an additional 3 digital pictures added to your gallery.
I am looking forward to capturing something special for you!